Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Certification
Demonstrate your information security management expertise and enhance your competitive advantage with the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification.
At Extellent Professional Development Centers you can attend one of our Information Security Training programs and gain the necessary knowledge to enhance your career, including the CISM certification.
The uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognizes the individual who manages designs, and oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security.
Enterprises and government agencies increasingly recognize, require and expect their IS and IT professionals to hold CISM certification.
- Demonstrate your understanding of the relationship between an information security program and broader business goals and objectives
- Distinguish you as having not only information security expertise, but also knowledge and experience in the development and management of an information security program
- Puts you in an elite peer network
- Is considered essential to ongoing education, career progression and value delivery to enterprises
What CISM's Provide
- Identification of critical issues and customization of company-specific practices to support the governance of information and related technologies
- Bring credibility to the enterprise for which they are employed
- Take a comprehensive view of information systems security management and their relationship to organizational success
- Demonstrate to enterprise customers their commitment to compliance, security and integrity; ultimately contributing to the attraction and retention of customers
- Ensure that there is improved alignment between the organization's information security program and its broader goals and objectives
- Provide the enterprise with a certification for Information security management that is recognized by multinational clients and enterprises, lending credibility to the enterprise
To earn the CISM certification, candidates are required to:
- Pass the CISM examination (offered worldwide every June, September and December, in 4 languages and at more than 240 locations)
- Submit proof of five years of work experience in the field of information security, with at least three years in the role of information security manager.
- Adhere to ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics
- Agree to comply with the CISM Continuing Education Policy
Unsure which program is right for you? Learn more about our programs: Contact a Programs & Services Advisor at 512-346-8110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org