College Funding and Planning: Pay for college without going broke!
This course is designed to walk parents through the process of picking a school and applying for the maximum aid utilizing proven techniques. Starting the planning process early is important, we highly encourage you begin this process as a Freshman or Sophomore.
You will learn the time-tested strategies to lower the over-all cost of college.
What You Will Learn:
- Taking control of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). This includes: filling it out and submitting it correctly, understanding deadlines and options for filing.
- Proper Expected Family Contribution (EFC) calculations. What is counted and what is not. How it is used by the school against you.
- Effective student leveraging admissions strategies. Early Action vs. Early Decision – this alone could save you thousands!
- Price negotiating. Schools want you to pay "Sticker Price”, but they operate more like an airline or a hotel than they would like you to know.
- Career Assessment
- College admissions assessment
- Personalized college search
- True college bottom line costs
- College planning timeline
Who Should Attend:
- Parents and students (Freshman through Seniors)
See the course catalog for Personal Financial Management to register. Select the dates you wish to attend and pay the course tuition fee.
Tuition includes: FAFSA Form, FAQ on Financial Aid –Tips & Info for High School Students and Families, Why the PSAT is more important than the SAT (for Scholarships) and Plan on College Questionnaire. Additional handouts of the PowerPoint slides may be available for $10, to be paid directly to the instructor.
Your Instructor is a veteran of the industry (over 19 years), Scott Campbell, President of Austin First Financial, Inc.