Session(s): 1 Session(s)
Class Time: 6:30 PM-8:00 PM
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and tools to do a proper investment analysis on your portfolio. You will learn to use widely available tools to evaluate your portfolio using Modern Portfolio Theory.
What You Will Learn:
- Fund Analysis – are your funds above or below average? What is the manager’s tenure and why it is important? What is the annual turnover?
- Equity Analysis – what is the equity style box and how does it help you? Which sectors are you invested in and does it matter?
- Bond Analysis – are there mortgage-backed securities in your portfolio? What is the effective maturity? The effective duration?
- Fees – are you paying 12(b)1 fees (marketing and distribution expenses) or are you paying loads? What is a fair price you should be paying?
- Asset Allocation – why this is your most importantdecision and how many asset classes should you be utilizing?
- Diversification – the importance and value of diversification
- Rebalancing – learn why the professionals feed off volatility
Who Should Attend:
- Those that have 401(k)s and IRAs
- Inexperienced investors looking for fundamental building blocks
- Building Better Portfolios
- The Efficient Frontier
- Callan Periodic Table of Investment Returns
- Access to all the Academic reports cited in class
- Additional handouts of the PowerPoint slides may be available for $10, to be paid directly to the instructor
Time: 6:30pm to 8:00pm
Sessions: 1 Session