Session(s): 4 Session(s)
Class Time: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
The 4-day, instructor-led course provides an introduction to service management and the lifecycle of managing IT services to meet business expectations. You will learn the ITIL core disciplines, including objectives, terminology, responsibilities, and critical success factors.
The core disciplines represent a service lifecycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value and ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs.
Upon completing this course, you will be prepared to take the ITIL Foundation exam required for entry into the ITIL intermediate-level training courses. You will also be able to leverage the ITIL disciplines and practices in your work environment.
- What is Service Management
- ITIL Introduction
- Key principles and models
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Exam Taking Tips and Review
32 clock hours (21 hrs lect, 11 hrs lab)
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following:
- Service management as a practice (comprehension)
- The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
- Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
- Key principles and models (comprehension)
- Selected processes (awareness)
- Selected functions (awareness)
- Selected roles (awareness)
- Technology and architecture (awareness)
- Competence and training (awareness)
*All ITIL courses at Extellent Professional Development Centers are instructor-led and map to the ITIL certification qualifications.
Who Should Attend this Course:
This course is primarily aimed at:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who need understanding of how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management within an organization
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, or contribute to, ongoing service improvement
However, the ITIL Foundation course is open to and can benefit anyone who has an interest in the subject.
There are no prerequisites for this course.